Saturday, July 31, 2010

Great Wall of China






Today we visited the Great Wall of China. It was absolutely amazing to see the size and magnitude of this wall. We climbed up for @an hour before heading back down. An absolutely amazing experience. We also visited the Cloisonne Factory where they hand made beautiful vases, plates, etc. Each piece made by hand takes weeks to make! We ended our tour with an Chinese lunch. The food was wonderful and we even tried some new things - that I don't even want to know what i ate. Just kidding - I think the Squid was probably the most extreme. A little dip in the pool and everyone is settled down for the night (wait til I get some pictures of everyone in swim caps that are mandatory at this hotel! :)

Here's What I've Learned:

*Beijing has over 16 million people and 4 million vehicles on the road!
*Climbing the Great Wall of China on a 90 degree day is (not!) the best choice.
*They serve Lasagna for breakfast in China?
*The beds here are like sleeping on just the box springs (or a board? :))
*Some hotels require swimming caps (ours is one) hilarious to see my kids in their swim caps!

No comments:

Post a Comment